Friday, November 7, 2008

Not Everyone Really Lives

I have always been a fan of dramatic movies - particularly of those that appealed to some inner meaning that I could not put to words myself. "Braveheart" was one of those films and I remember vividly the scene where William Wallace is in his cell about to be executed. The queen wants that he confess and spare himself torture and that maybe the king will be lenient and in time he may be kept in the tower - but she confesses that her motivation is that she can not imagine the thought that he might die through torture. Already knowing the path he hast to take, he accepts what is to happen and responds: "Every man dies, not every man truly lives".

Probably a take off of the quote attributed to A. Sachs: "Death is more universal than life; everyone dies, but not everyone really lives", this quote became a motivation and inspiration for me. I felt growing up that there was something else out there - something bigger than me and I wanted to explore it; something beyond the fears and false perceptions that I saw the world through.

The purpose of this blog is to share my thoughts and hear from others theirs, regarding life, meditation, and our purpose here. I want to explore how this applies to rowing, business, and the impact of technology on our lives. I want to seek out who I am and to learn to see the world as it really is. I hope others find this useful as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment